Leafield Pre-school is a charity that provides exceptional Early Years education to children from 2 to 5 years old from Leafield Village and surrounding area. Our mission is to promote learning through play, in a stimulating, secure and caring environment, to create happy, confident, curious and creative learners.
As a charity, we rely on the generous support of local families and donors, businesses, trusts and foundations to continue to deliver our exceptional care for children. Whilst fees and a government subsidy just about cover our core operational costs (of salaries, rent and fees), fundraised income pays for all the extras.
Without fundraising we could not afford:
Daily healthy snacks for children
Trips and local adventures
Essential repairs and maintenance
We are run by a volunteer committee of 9 people, and we have 5 fantastic paid staff and 1 volunteer.
We aim to raise at least £3,000 every year, which pays for the essentials. Beyond that we have an ongoing wish list for items such as play equipment, interactive digital table and other educational resources, and renovating our outside space.
How you can support Leafield Pre-school
1. Donate! The quickest way to do your bit….Visit https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charities/LeafieldPreSchool to donate securely online. Make a one-of donation or set up a regular payment – whatever you can afford will make a real difference.
2. Fundraise on our behalf - From sponsored runs and swims, to donations in lieu of presents (who wants more scented candles at 40?!) – however you want to raise it, we’ll cheer all the way.
3. Become a Trustee – do you have a professional skill such as finance, HR, communications, project management, law? If you fancy a challenging and rewarding governance role speak to our Chair Louise to find out more.
4. Join the Committee – we are a small creative team, responsible for fundraising, events and PR. We would love you to join us – we are loveable if not slightly frenetic – have you seen Motherland?
5. Add your name to the volunteer army….if you can’t make a regular time commitment but you want to help, why not join our ‘list of absolute legends’ that we call upon to help us with events. From cake sales, to event marshalling – your help is invaluable and we promise you’ll have a giggle.
6. Give your skills for free – thanks to current parents our children are learning French and sign language. Do you have a specialist skill to share with the children? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us more.
7. Local tradespeople – can you donate your time and skill to help us maintain our building and site? We have some excellent small apprentices (just kidding!)
8. Local businesses – can you sponsor our work? From our Forest School sessions, to buying equipment on our wish list. We will promote your support throughout our communications and events. We would love to hear from you.